The Westchester Coalition for the Hungry and Homeless, Inc. is a Not for Profit Corporation composed of autonomous food pantries, soup kitchens, shelters, service organizations and individuals interested in alleviating hunger and homelessness in our region.
The primary activities of the WCHH include but are not limited to:
- Working to obtain grants and other financial support of programs which address problems connected with the issues of hunger and homelessness.
- Endeavoring to prevent evictions, wherever possible. Advocating for additional programs and services to help address the many needs of persons suffering from hunger, chronic under nutrition and lack of shelter.
- Providing technical assistance to organizations and/or individuals who are seeking to develop food pantries, soup kitchens, shelters, transportation networks and other programs/services which address the issues of hunger and homelessness.
- Increasing public awareness of and understanding of hunger and homeless crisis and the lack of adequate housing.
- Providing member food pantries, soup kitchens and shelters with a forum to discuss their problems and to gain information on obtaining food, shelter and funding for their organizations.
- Collecting and sharing information on hunger and homelessness (locally, regionally, statewide, national).
- Coordinating activities on behalf of hungry and homeless persons.